In plain English it’s when an IT company like PC Futures manages all aspects of your IT infrastructure and basically works with you to get the best out of your investment in IT. PC Futures offers Managed Services in Ipswich to start ups, small businesses and charities.
The aim of this blog post is to help you decide whether managed services are right for your business and as a result we have created a top ten list of benefits to help you make the right decision about managing your IT services.
1. Controlling Costs: Outsourcing converts fixed IT costs into variable costs, allowing you to budget effectively – i.e. only paying for what you use, when you need it.
2. Reduced Labour Costs: Hiring and training IT staff is expensive. Outsourcing lets you focus your human resources where you need them most.
3. Trained, Experienced and Qualified: If you’re not IT trained how do you know if an employee is experienced and qualified and in the right areas.? With a Managed IT Service provider you can remove the guesswork.
4. Qualified Doesn’t Equal Experienced: IT service providers see related problems multiple times, often resulting in shorter fix times. This is usually because Managed IT Service providers have a wider knowledge base to draw upon. In-house IT professionals can often lead an isolated existence and many problems they encounter are new, and can require a lot of research time.
5. Enhanced efficiency and Competitiveness: Organisations that go in-house for their IT will typically have much higher development and implementation costs and almost always higher running costs. Also Managed IT Service providers do look at their own pricing structure, employee’s only want their salaries to go up.
6. Speed and Responsiveness: A managed IT service organisation will have the resources with the right experience to start new projects right away. Crucially they also have the time to plan them first. This is something that in-house staff can struggle with as the business still needs to keep its existing IT systems running.
7. Focused on Your Core Business: Outsourcing enables you to stay focused on your core business and not get distracted by complex IT decisions or the day to day management of your IT.
8. Reduce Risk: Outsourcing providers manage the IT risks for you, often with specific industry knowledge such as compliance issues. Also business people at your provider can often provide you with business case ideas on how IT can enhance what you are doing. This can get you ahead of the technology curve.
9. Level the Playing Field: Outsourcing helps small companies act ‘big’ by giving them access to similar technology and expertise that larger companies enjoy.
10. Compliance and Security: Outsourcing provides peace of mind that your IT systems and data are safe and secure. Compliance shouldn’t be seen as something you have to do but it should also be mentioned in your own companies sales process. It shows you take all aspects of your business seriously, not just the bit’s the customers see.
We would be happy to speak to you about your IT network to find out more about your business and put together a proposal to get you the best from your IT infrastructure. Outsourced IT can also be run alongside internal IT staff for holiday cover or just a second opinion.
MSP’s as they are known are not just cloud providers in another name, there is a host of services they can offer. IT hire, storage, hardware, software, advice, IT protection, disaster recovers, monitoring software, websites, digital marketing and a whole lot more.