PC Futures can help you say goodbye to XP, as XP ends
Like all good things, the come to an end as we help businesses as a new wave of technology dawns on us all
It is fairly well known Microsoft is ending its support for Windows XP on April 8. As the final day is almost upon us it’s important to plan the migration of your business to Windows 8.1 (if you haven’t done so already). By doing so you can enjoy all the benefits of a current, high tech operating system that runs smoothly and protects your business.
Here’s what’s in it:
- A modern touch interface for tablets, desktop computers and laptop computers that provides a consistent experience no matter where and how you’re working. Quick, fast and secure.
- Real-time collaboration via Office365, so you can review documents and avoid the dreaded version control issue. As a business this saves you a lot of time and makes tacking any versions of the Office suite child’s play.
- Video conferencing with Lync, connect with your colleagues face to face regardless of geographic location. We use this a lot and it really is awesome.
- Integration with OneDrive, helping your small businesses to share, collaborate, edit and securely backup with ease. This saves you money on Google Drive and Drop box as it’s free with Office 365.
- Significant security improvements as XP ends this will leave that device and possibly your business vulnerable.
We are here to help:
You may have read that security updates for XP were extended, but that is not the case. To be clear, after April 8, 2014, Windows XP ends, including Windows XP Professional for Embedded Systems, users will no longer receive new security updates, non-security hotfixes, free or paid assisted support options or online technical content updates from Microsoft. Third parties may provide ongoing support, but it’s important to recognize that support will not address fixes and security patches in the core Windows kernel. Support for Office 2003 will also end at this time.
We understand that there is a learning curve with a new interface, shortcuts and features. So at PC Futures we are here to help. Our team is committed to helping customers of any size “Get2Modern” as easily and seamlessly as possible. We can assist with
- IT training to help you improve the speed and familiarity with new software.
- IT Support to protect your systems and keep them working safely.
- Automatic Backups to protect your data as often when it is gone it is gone forever.
- Online Anti-Virus software, all the updates are done for you
- Online Monitoring, why is your PC running slow, we can tell you BEFORE it happens.
And many more things, this blog post is just focusing on our Microsoft and business grade MS software. We do many other things exceptionally well also such as SEO, Digital Marketing, Web Development and App Development.
At PC Futures we can help you navigate the migration period by helping you get the right technology to for your company. We are not sole traders, we are a full operating, well run and profitable limited company, and with that, comes the assurance that we deliver, safely.